Greetings from Dr. Klaiman
My staff and I are all looking forward to seeing all of our patients back in the office. We have been very busy preparing the office and training staff for reopening. I have been on numerous webcasts with colleagues all over the world gathering the best ideas to implement into the practice. I know the new protocols explained below represent the highest standards available today to practice wisely and safely. We thank you for your continued trust during this time!
Please note the following: All patients must sign the following consent form. Please email us your form the day before your appointment or bring it in the day of. This form is also available on the XCare app, which can be downloaded on any mobile device.
Our office always follows best practices and mandates to ensure a clean and safe environment for all staff and patients during your visit. During this time, we have further updated our infection control, health and safety, and pandemic protocols according to dental regulatory authorities and Public Health Ontario. We will continue to update our policies as per their recommendations.
Below are some examples of the extra measures we have added in order to safeguard our patients and staff.
New Patient Protocols
- Telephone COVID-19 pre-screening of all patients before their appointment.
- Online COVID-19 consent form for patients to complete before appointment.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their car or in the hallway until we call them in order to maintain physical distancing.
- Infrared temperature will be taken and recorded for each patient.
- Every patient will be provided with disposable surgical shoe covers and alcohol-based hand sanitizer when entering the office.
- Introduction of XCare app which facilitates a safe and smooth paperless check-in and check-out process.
- All patients are required to arrive wearing a mask.
New Staff Protocols
- Electronic COVID-19 attestation consent form signed by each staff member.
- Daily infrared temperature will be taken and recorded for each staff member.
- Each staff member will be donning appropriate personal protective equipment. This includes fitted N95 masks and or equivalent, face shields, safety glasses, hair covers, disposable gowns, and surgical disposable shoe covers.
- Continuous infection control training for all staff, monitored by IPAC Consulting.
New Operatory Protocols
- Installation of polycarbonate doors in each operatory to reduce and limit the spread of aerosolized particles throughout the office.
- Extensive use of plexiglass barriers throughout the office.
- Use of independent HVAC system. Our office does not share or receive recycled air from any other units.
- Installation of five high-grade medical air purifiers for each operatory and the reception area. In combination with our independent HVAC system, this will further reduce odors, chemicals, allergens, bacteria, viruses, and aerosolized particles in our operatories.
- Continuous environmental cleaning of the reception area and disinfection of all touch areas.
- Use of new disinfectant applied with an electrostatic sprayer which is NSF (a public health and safety organization), Environmental Protection Agency, and hospital approved for the use against COVID-19. This electrostatic sprayer will be used to perform an “enhanced cleaning.”
Building Protocols (5775 Yonge Street)
- Numerous hand sanitizer stations in the lobby.
- Restricted number of people per elevator at a time.
- Thorough and frequent cleaning of the lobby and washrooms.
- Configuring the lobby to adhere to social distancing.
- Masks are mandatory when entering the building.
Access to the building is through the south entrance doors. The Yonge street entrance doors of the building are currently locked. There is still direct access from the Finch Subway line into the building.
If you have further questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact our office at 647 – 957 – 9369.